Wednesday 13 June 2012

Dream it, Wish it, Do it!


How to Find Inspiration Everywhere


Dress inspiration is everywhere, if you’re willing to catch onto it, and even women who are different from you in practically every way we can still inspire your own unique style. Even in stores, visual merchandising you don’t own can spark outfit ideas. Even women with far more or less money than you can inform your looks. Even decor, nature, and graphic design can drum up ideas for color and texture pairings. Inspiration is everywhere. Really.





I have compiled a inspiration lookbook for Winter! It is nice to create one for yourself the next time you go shopping.


Snowy Days





The photo above is of someone I found on weheartit.com let’s give her a name, let’s call her Vanessa. Vanessa is wearing a awesome outfit with some contrast neutral colors and fun proportions. I have different shapes, sizes, budgets, proportions, and shopping resources, but when I look at this photo of her, it inspires me. It makes me want to wear a striped top with pops of colour and a creamy printed scarf. It makes me want to try a fitted long sleeve blouse over a maxi with the accessory details. It makes me want to do a waisted maxi skirt, layered with popping accessories. And yes, it makes me want to visit the snow, but that’s not the point! The point is that, despite all of our differences, this image of Vanessa’s from back whenever has sparked my imagination and alerted me to think of ways I can interpret her look for myself.


Harry who?


This photo almost has a harry potter feel. She is wearing a old school outfit with some unusual colors and fabulous printed stocking. This model and I have different shapes, sizes, budgets, proportions, and shopping resources, but when I look at this photo of her, it inspires me. It makes me want to wear burgundy, light grey, chambray and black together. It makes me want to try colors other than my replacement reds, pinks, and purples. It makes me want to do an oversized swing coat, an oversized cotton jersey with a chambray shirt, mini circle skirt and printed polka dot stocking. And yes, it makes me want to purchase those SPECIFIC printed stockings, but that’s not the point! The point is despite all of our differences, this image shows the latest fashion that has sparked my imagination and alerted me to think of ways I can interpret her look for myself.


Designer inspired





This is a page from YAYOI KUSAMA FOR LOUIS VUITTON catalogue showing a polka dot look. I don’t own any items from Louis Vuitton and i feel like their merchandise is a bit overpriced. But this look appeals to my personal aesthetic. The woman in this spread has different shapes, sizes, budgets, proportions, and shopping resources than I do, but when I look at these images, they inspire me. Even though I have absolutely no intention of buying any of the items showcased. This page makes me want to swap out those black plain heels for polka dot ones, and pair them with more polka dot! The point is despite the fact that I don’t own these specific items, these images have sparked my imagination and alerted me to think of ways I can interpret these looks for myself.


My other inspirations for winter:













Whats your inspiration for winter? 


If you need help finding your flair email me at: formula4fashion@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment